Exercise An Active Portrait
The next exercise that I have been asked to look at is about taking a series of images of a person undertaking a task.
I should not concentrate too much on how they do the task , as this is not the point of the exercise. They should just carry on as normal not taking too much notice of me.
The course notes on this subject made for very interesting reading and the following points have been noted:-
- Look for an animated person if possible
- The subject should look like they are about to make an interesting point.
- The selection of shutter speed is very important, I will need to freeze the movement in the shot.
- Many shots will have to be taken so that I have a wide number of images to select from.
- Most importantly the subject must feel comfortable, by getting them to do something they do every day, without thinking , will assist in the creation of a set of images that show them in a natural way.
I will set out over the next few day to identify my subject and a location where I can work.