Assignment 4-Real or Fake-Feedback.
Today I got my feedback for the above assignment. Mr Taylor said:-
“Technically, the aim of the assignment has been successfully achieved, although I feel that the design of the cover could be improved”
I am going to read his report again today and look at the cover that I produced, then I will make the improvements that he has suggested.
Later today I will also post Assignment 5.
Mr Taylor’s report also states the following:-
One of the recent developments within OCA is that students should receive a clear statement of their readiness for assessment. This is to be given with the second and penultimate assignments. In your case the appropriate statement is as follows.
“I understand your aim is to go for the Photography Degree and that you plan to submit your work for assessment at the end of this course. From the work you have shown in this assignment, and providing you commit yourself to the course, I suggest that you are likely to be successful in the assessment. “
Good news then, I will wait for the OCA to contact me to let me know when the assessment dates are.
Well back to assignment 4 after reading my tutor’s report I looked at the magazine cover that I produced, it was a bit cluttered and the images did blend into each other.
I decided that I would reduce the amount of information on the cover and make the words stand out.
Here is my new cover
What did I do differently:-
- The background image, which was the base of the cover, was cleaned up, removing the bright colours.
- The police car was cropped out and enlarged using Photoshop. This gave me a cleaner area to work with.
- The crest was made smaller, but bolder and placed in the centre at the top.
- The colour of the title letters was made bolder and clearer, with just blue used.
- The title letters of each story were all turned to black.
- The main story of the issue, London 2012 are we ready was made to stand-out more , so it grabbed the attention of the reader as the magazine sat on the shelf.
- The date and issue number are made smaller so they don’t compete for the reader’s attention. However I kept the red script to aid in filing.